A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That’s why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we’re creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Growth Marketing Team
We’re a team of digital marketers that create engaging campaigns across channels and we work closely with cross-functional partners (Brand, Product, Engineering, and Data Science) to drive growth on both sides of Thumbtack’s marketplace. We are nimble, and innovative and our team’s mission is to help customers solve their home care needs by discovering and using Thumbtack’s platform.
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate and experienced SEO expert to help drive Thumbtack’s growth. The ideal candidate has a proven record of achieving and measuring results through both technical and content-based efforts. You will make data-driven decisions to identify, prioritize, and execute initiatives that deliver incremental traffic and revenue to Thumbtack. You will do this by leading a cross-functional team consisting of content marketing, analytics, engineering, paid search marketing, landing page optimization, and agency partners. You will prove out the value of the activities you’re delivering and build the case for future investment in SEO with Thumbtack senior leaders.
- Develop a plan to identify and execute on top opportunities to grow organic search traffic
- Perform regular forensic audits and inspections of the site to identify on-page, off-page, and technical issues
- Identify growth opportunities in site infrastructure, keyword selection, and on-page optimization
- Monitor performance metrics to understand organic search performance and measure the impact of technical and content changes
- Analyze large amounts of data from a variety of sources and prepare executive-ready insights and recommendations to improve SEO campaign performance
- Manage agency relationships to expand the team’s capabilities and provide the most value for Thumbtack’s investment
- Stay current on global SEO and search landscape and emerging trends and identify tools and reports to automate processes or deliver more sophisticated analysis
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 7+ years of practical SEO experience
- A demonstrated track record of increasing rankings, traffic, and revenue through managing and executing SEO strategies and tactics
- Strong familiarity with Google Search Console, Similar Web, and other analytics and reporting tools
- Ability to draw conclusions from data to create business cases, market insights, and requirements for SEO
- Understanding of site management, web development principles
- Ability to work through others (channel owners, cross-functional, and external partners) to achieve results in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable presenting to senior leadership, strong relationship builder with a collaborative, inclusive working style
- Experience in a high growth tech company and/or two-sided marketplace app/company
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity combined with big-picture thinking and exceptional problem solving skills
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and internet
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
- Cell Phone Reimbursement, Thumbtack services (North America only)
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact [email protected].