Barnes and Noble Education
The Digital Student Solutions (“DSS”) Segment includes direct-to-student product and service offerings to assist students to study more effectively and improve academic performance, thus enabling them to gain the valuable skills necessary to succeed after college. DSS is comprised of the operations of Student Brands, LLC, a leading direct-to-student subscription-based writing services business, and bartleby, a direct-to student subscription-based offering providing textbook solutions, expert questions and answers, AI-based writing assistance, and tutoring services.
Bartleby (bartleby.com) is a central offering in our developing ecosystem of direct-to-student digital products and services, accessible anytime and anywhere. bartleby.com provides critical services for students to achieve better success throughout their academic journey. The bartleby product offerings consist of bartleby learn™ comprised of textbook solutions (over 1,600 titles), question and answer solutions, and study guides; bartleby write™ comprised of revision, plagiarism, citation and scoring tools; and bartleby tutor™ comprised of online tutoring services.
We are looking for a data-driven Senior SEO Manager to join our team. In this role, you will strengthen Bartleby’s organic growth strategy across new and existing markets. As a senior SEO manager, you’ll be responsible for monitoring SEO performance and using data insights to uncover opportunities and develop both content-led and product-led SEO strategies.
Also, the Senior SEO Manager should understand research data to recognize trends and shifting conditions and be able to notify colleagues and management about discovered shifts in the industry or methodologies.
- Are an SEO expert with more than 7+ years of experience.
- Have long-tail SEO experience.
- Are of an analytical bent of mind with strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Are committed to meeting targets and deadlines.
We are interested in talking with you.
- Increase new user acquisition by driving relevant organic search traffic to BNED web properties.
- Develop and implement robust SEO strategies and link-building campaigns to drive traffic, measure performance, and test different approaches.
- Help determine KPIs for the website and identify milestones and goals to reach.
- Audit and analyze search results and search performance across the major search channels to improve rankings.
- Efficiently use SEO tools to aid reporting and track important metrics to measure performance – Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Majestic, and others.
- Suggest solutions and ideas to improve traffic and performance on search engines.
- Coordinate with the different stakeholders involved to ensure SEO strategies are implemented and deliverables are met.
- Stay up-to-date with all developments in the world of SEO and ensure we follow search guidelines.
- Prepare and communicate periodic reports on project development, timelines, and results
- 7+ years of experience in SEO, including experience with technical, enterprise-level, and product-led SEO.
- Prior startup experience or be comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proficiency with various analytics tools, particularly Google Analytics, Search Console, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Majestic etc.
- Highly data-driven and organized.
- Passionate self-starter with a curious and creative mind and love staying up-to-date on SEO trends and requirements.
- Previous reporting experience and expertise in measuring performance metrics
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of SEO – ranking factors, algorithm changes, tools, SERP trends, etc.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in written form, technical information with a wide variety of individuals and groups.
Barnes & Noble Education, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.