Who We Are
Babylist is the leading vertical marketplace and commerce destination for baby, driving purchase decisions for more than 8 million people each year. Utilizing robust proprietary data, patented technology, and unbiased editorial guidance, Babylist recommends expert-tested products to those starting their parenting journey so loved ones can offer their support. Babylist registries connect new parents and their community of family and friends who help plan, prepare, and shop for a child’s arrival. Babylist is the generational brand in baby, leading the $67 billion baby products market as the trusted go-to solution for growing families. To learn about Babylist’s registry options, editorial content, and more, visit www.babylist.com.
Our Ways of Working
We’re a remote-first company with team members located across the United States spanning multiple time zones. This means we put in extra effort to make sure we connect and collaborate in ways that make sense for us. We know how valuable the flexibility of remote work is for our employees so people can get the work done in the way that works for them and their teams. After all, many parents call Babylist their professional home, and sometimes, life puts you in a position where you just have to jump off that Zoom meeting to clean up that banana that’s getting stomped on by your 2 year old.
We know that personal connection is the foundation for the great work we do together. In order to quickly build those relationships, we offer the opportunity to meet with coworkers in person two times a year at a full company offsite and a departmental offsite. These are great opportunities to meet the people you work with every day and to do some of the work that is much more difficult to do virtually. Most of our roles are fully remote, but these opportunities to meet in person will involve limited amounts of travel. For some leaders, there might be more opportunities to get together in person that would require about 10% travel to Oakland, CA or elsewhere.
What the Role Is
Babylist is looking for a Senior Manager, SEO to support our rapidly growing Growth Marketing team. This is a hands-on role that will define, lead, and execute a comprehensive SEO strategy across the full Babylist site portfolio.
This position will focus on developing scalable growth strategies by working closely with our product, engineering, data and growth marketing teams.
Who You Are
- You have 4-7 years experience in the earned media landscape with a focus on maximizing organic discoverability.
- You have the ability to approach problems systematically, researching all alternatives and making appropriate recommendations.
- You have a proven data-driven approach to solving complex problems and developing strategies.
- You have a proven track record of growing rankings, traffic, and engagement through onsite and offsite
- You are deadline oriented with long and short-term projects.
- You have well-developed presentation skills (oral and written).
- You are a strong, collaborative team player with an interest and ability to lead cross-functional projects and influence and educate stakeholders.
- You are skilled in analytics and have the ability to understand data and communicate insights clearly.
- You understand and communicate industry trends.
- You have advanced knowledge of analytical software such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Ahrefs, Sistrix, SEMRush and/or other common platforms.
Your Core Competencies Might Include:
- Managing Complexity – Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Strategic – Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Customer focus – You’re driven to provide customers with a stellar experience, and you understand the user journey for our customers.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Develop and drive an aggressive roadmap of scalable, data-driven features to level-up an already successful SEO strategy across content, linking, page creation, etc.
- Provide detailed competitive analysis to ensure authority across key business units and keyword themes.
- Develop a workflow with our product and engineering teams to ensure SEO and CRO projects are continuously being implemented and optimized.
- Understand overarching business priorities and translate into SEO tactics.
- Maximize our revenue across the site through increased activity.
- Prioritize and sequence opportunities with product and engineering in a clear and concise fashion that shows the business impact and expectations.
- Partner closely with paid search and content partners to drive cross-channel impact at scale.
- Understand the user journey and how to impact conversion.
- Build out, report on, and show impact of efforts to leadership and cross-functional team leads on an ongoing basis.
Why You Will Love Working At Babylist
- We are a remote first company and invest in infrastructure you’ll need to be supported and successful: tools, opportunities to connect with colleagues, and a stipend to help you set up your office.
- We build products that have a positive impact on millions of people’s lives.
- We work at a sustainable pace which means work/life balance is a real thing here.
- We believe technology and data can solve hard problems.
- We believe in exceptional management.
- We are committed to providing an actively antiracist organization and doing the work to support differences of all kinds.
- We offer competitive pay and meaningful opportunities for career advancement.
- We have great benefits like company paid medical, dental, and vision, a generous paid parental leave policy, and 401k with company match.
- We care about employee wellbeing with perks for physical, mental and emotional health, parenting, childcare, and financial planning.
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.