Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Excellence in organic search is one of the pillars of our overall Digital Marketing strategy and is of vital importance for our site traffic generation. The Senior Manager-Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a key member of the eCommerce Performance Marketing team, responsible for driving and optimizing our organic search activities. This position will contribute to building and executing the adidas US SEO strategy, in partnership with the Global SEO team, and will work with varied stakeholders to ensure its successful implementation.
You will fully support the channel objectives to drive high quality traffic to the US online store to accelerate revenue growth. With a primary focus on eCommerce profitability, you will also connect with Brand Marketing colleagues to fully exploit all SEO opportunities in the US. You will play a key role within the adidas US Digital and Marketing teams and collaborate closely with the broader US eCommerce and Global teams to help create a best-in-class program.
- Create and execute the adidas US SEO strategy, ensuring alignment with US Brand Marketing initiatives, Global SEO, Digital Visual Merchandising, Operations, Digital Activation, Analytics, and Global IT.
- Influence, challenge and create change across the broader global SEO, eCommerce product development and IT roadmaps to achieve goals and mitigate risk to traffic and revenue.
- Build and develop a best-in-class SEO team that influences, advises, and activates at all levels of the product design and launch cycle. Provide leadership, guidance, performance management, and development to achieve team objectives.
- Serve as the voice of SEO in the Portland office responsible for evangelizing SEO.
- Lead and drive the day-to-day adidas US SEO operations for technical and on-site SEO with KPI and goal accountability by monitoring and reporting US performance to Leadership and Global.
- Initiate SEO projects (relating to technical changes, content, UX, PR, etc.) to grow a multimillion-dollar revenue channel by addressing internal organization, technical, and onsite elements.
- Stay abreast of the evolution within the search and digital marketing industry, especially changes which impact SEO and other marketing channels
- Act as the US SEO expert, driving best practice definition and execution, including training internal stakeholders
- US Performance Marketing Team and the broader US eCommerce team, Portland
- Global eCommerce, Product Owner, Analytics and SEO teams, Amsterdam
- US Brand/Business Unit Digital Marketing teams, Portland
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possesses a leadership presence with an ability to articulate a coherent, logical, and well-orchestrated SEO vision all while adapting to the specific adidas Group situation
- Ability to influence leaders at all levels of the organization to prioritize SEO strategies within their larger objectives
- A demonstrated passion for SEO and eCommerce/performance marketing. And within SEO you possess specific skills and interests in any of the following areas: data analysis and testing, back-end/code optimization, front-end/content and UX, social/PR and offsite optimization)
- Embraces and thrives in an international working environment as a result of understanding the complexities of a large, global organization
- Extremely analytical, data driven and a clear, independent thinker
- Commercially driven and interested in the broader business context
- Strong time management, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7+ years hands-on SEO experience (either agency or client side)
- Proficiency with some or all of these SEO tools/platforms: Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, Searchmetrics, BrightEdge, Screaming Frog, Moz, Xenu, Adobe and Google Analytics
- Advanced computer skills with proven Excel experience
- 1-2 years of previous people management experience