Join us as we pursue our mission to remove the barriers between data and action, so that everyone thrives in the Data Age. Splunk is filled with people who are passionate about pushing the boundaries of technology in an effort to help our customers succeed. Splunk provides a data platform built for expansive data access, powerful analytics and automation to empower customers to use all their data to drive insights and action. We invite you to explore what has made us one of the fastest growing technology companies in history, and how you can be an integral part of our journey!
Are you passionate about search optimization, curious about how ranking algorithms work, and excited to see the successes of data-driven testing? We are committed to experimentation, continuous improvement, and rapid growth. We’re seeking an equally committed, passionate, and skilled marketer to push our SEO to the next level.
Splunk is looking for a search engine optimization manager with strong subject matter expertise, excellent writing and editing skills, and solid technical knowledge. You will partner closely with our in-house and global agency teams. You will be a key member of our SEO and Growth Marketing teams and will contribute both strategically and tactically to our optimization efforts. Part of this role will also include educating our broader team of marketers in modern SEO standards and methodologies.
You will be based out of one of Splunk’s US offices, or a remote location, and working with a geographically diverse team. In-office locations listed below:
- San Francisco, CA
- Plano, TX
- Denver, CO
- Austin, TX
- Atlanta, GA
- Seattle, WA
- Phoenix, AZ
- Portland, OR
- New York, NY
- Boston, MA
- Chicago, IL
- Los Angeles, CA
- Philadelphia, PA
- Raleigh, NC
- San Diego, CA
- Salt Lake City, UT
- McLean, VA
- Miami, FL
- Las Vegas, NV
- San Jose, CA
- Boulder, CO
This is a rare opportunity to join a fast-growing, dynamic, and industry-leading enterprise technology company. Experience working on a B2B, lead generation focused website with a can-do attitude is critical.
- Contribute to Splunk’s short-term and long-term SEO and web growth strategy and planning.
- Coordinate with multiple international SEO agencies and marketing teams to improve traffic and lead flow in multiple languages.
- Audit existing web pages to identify gaps and propose new content opportunities and existing content optimizations.
- Maintain, update, and vet target keyword lists with internal teams.
- Prepare ad-hoc, monthly, and quarterly performance reports.
- Evangelize and educate key partners in SEO and SaaS growth best practices.
- 6+ years of experience in content creation, optimization and SEO with an expert grasp of Google’s ranking algorithm.
- Hands-on experience with SEO tools (e.g., Google Search Console, Ahrefs, BrightEdge, Screaming Frog, etc.).
- Proven success optimizing a global, multi-site, multi-language, B2B marketing website.
- Familiarity working with CMS platforms (Adobe Experience Manager a plus).
- Experience using JIRA and crafting detailed tickets for web development requests is a plus.
- Subject matter experience within IT, DevOps, and Cybersecurity a plus.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $90,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Phone Number Hidden