This is a remote position and is open to candidates located anywhere in the United States.
Brafton is looking for an SEO strategist to join our consulting team.
The ideal candidate has previous agency experience, a passion for digital marketing, excellent problem-solving skills, very, very strong attention to detail, and a ton of curiosity about the ever-changing search landscape.
SEO is always evolving – even more important than being a current expert is being a perennial learner. The right person will be an exceptionally curious individual who is both autodidactic and capable of learning from others.
This is a client-facing role that interfaces with many internal stakeholders and produces consistently thoughtful work. To succeed, the SEO strategist must have strong people skills (communicating, problem-solving, building relationships), be exceptionally analytical and technical, and also be a very strong writer. This individual needs to make complex search concepts and technical items easy to understand and interesting.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Craft competitive and compelling audits, proposals, and reports
- Expertly utilize our software tools (like MarketMuse, SEMRush, and Hrefs) to: 1) Assess the health of our clients’ websites; 2) Itemize errors and opportunities
- Execute against planned scopes relating to site optimization or other technical SEO-specific tasks.
- Undertake SEO-specific research or optimization work for projects including but not limited to: UX/Website redesigns; large-scale organic SEO work (including but not limited to keyword research); and backlink-focused projects.
- Leverage a strong understanding of Google Analytics
- Be a versatile team player who can tackle various projects and collaborate with all teams.
- Be a constant student of SEO who is applying his or her learnings to his or her work and sharing knowledge with internal and client-facing teams.
- 3-5 years or more of experience contributing to or managing SEO programs, preferably in an agency setting
- Evidence of success with previous SEO campaigns for medium to large brands, ideally including e-commerce companies
- Strong understanding of cross-channel marketing principles
- Compelling written and verbal communication skills, a positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint, and especially Excel
- Advanced understanding of technical SEO concepts (crawling, indexing, rendering, AMP, site migrations, page speed optimization, core web vitals and more)
- Strong project management and organization skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Advanced understanding and experienced user of Google Analytics and Google Search Console – Tag Manager and/or Publisher Center is also a plus
- Understand recent developments in SEO such as Core Web Vitals, Google Discover, E-A-T, new Rich Results, and more
- Strong knowledge and experience using standard and enterprise search tools and platforms (Botify, Sitebulb, Conductor Searchlight, Stat, SEMRush, Sistrix, DeepCrawl, Screaming Frog, SEMRush, etc.)
- The ability to meet scheduled and proposed deadlines.
- Comfort with and mastery of (or ability to quickly learn) spreadsheet formats (Google Sheets, Excel).
- Comfort and skill with formatting professional presentations and reports in MS PowerPoint and Google Slides.
- Some travel may be required for on-site client meetings, once travel becomes safe and feasible again.
Health, Dental, Vision, Colonial Life, 401k with Match, Paid Time Off, remote work perks and more!