Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: New York, NY, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; Washington, DC, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 6 years of experience in technical/content SEO for global enterprise companies and/or digital marketing agencies
- 6 years of experience working cross-functionally across Product, Marketing, and Engineering teams
- Experience in leading international SEO and complex SEO projects (i.e., site launches, migrations, etc.)
- Experience in growth marketing/product growth
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally across all levels of management
- Excellent problem solving, project management, and business judgment skills
About the job
Whether you’re on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product’s journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the representation of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you’ll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
Growth Lab’s mission is to help spread the Google brand and get users to use Google products. We provide insights, best practices, tools, and services to help Product and Marketing teams achieve that goal.
You will lead SEO at Google and join a team of growth marketers. You’ll collaborate closely with Marketing, Product, and Engineering teams around the world to help identify SEO growth opportunities and promote/protect Google’s programs, products, and services on its ecosystem of owned and operated websites. You’ll develop ongoing relationships with teams to help build sustainable development.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google’s products solve the world’s problems–from the every day to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can–changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Help lead SEO globally across Google as a thought leader, solve complex enterprise SEO problems at scale, and drive to implementation
- Drive product development from search while owning policies/governance to protect Google
- Develop innovative technical and content SEO capabilities
- Construct search/site data and metrics frameworks for intelligent decision-making
- Drive cross-channel solutions with owned and operated, paid media, and other channels combined with building strong relationships with Marketing, Product, Engineering, and other partners