Job Title: SEO & Digital Marketing Intern
Position Status: Part-Time Intern
Reports To: Inbound Marketing Director
Our customers know us as the only way to organize their marketing in one place. Our team knows us as the best place in North Dakota to do what you love, and love what you do. Every. Day.
You should know us as a software startup (with all the perks), the fastest growing tech company in North Dakota, and one of the fastest growing companies in the United States. Every day we build, market, and support amazing products that customers from 100+ countries love. Are you ready to join us?
As a part-time intern at CoSchedule, you will be helping us create software that results in happy, passionate, and beyond-loyal customers. The position will run 12 months in length with 15 to 20-hour work weeks and end upon graduation (there is currently no plan for this to become a full-time position — it is an internship).
As the SEO Intern, you will be responsible for search engine optimization projects assigned by the Inbound Marketing Director. This work may involve auditing our marketing for potential optimizations, reaching out to referral sources to gain and retain backlinks, and editing existing materials to capitalize on ranking factors.
- Update content according to search engine optimization best practices.
- Optimize internal content linking structures to help audiences discover more of our relevant content.
- Optimize outbound links to prevent other sources and competition from outranking our content.
- Optimize existing content with updated code our Product team continually develops to enhance our readers’ experiences.
- Optimize content based on suggestions from your manager and tools such as ContentKing to help collateral such as blog posts and guides rank in search engines.
- Assist with off-site search engine optimization tactics.
- Measure search engine optimization performance.
- Assist with other marketing efforts as needed.
- You are passionate about writing and are an ambitious self-starter.
- You recognize and contribute great writing and content.
- You have a passion for results, not just the marketing that produces them.
- You think big, and enjoy moving fast.
- You obsess about our product and the challenges that our audience faces each day.
- You care deeply about the quality of the work you produce.
- Proven ability to articulate complex concepts in a straightforward, compelling way.
- Strong attention to detail and keen focus on message and materials quality.
- Understanding of SEO principles and digital content best practices.
- You like deadlines and hit them often. You communicate progress toward completion.
- You have strong attention to detail.
- You focus on quality as the outcome of your work.
- All other duties as assigned.
The “That’d Be Great”:
- You are pursuing a degree in English, journalism, advertising, public relations, marketing communications or a related field.
- You already use, love, and breathe CoSchedule.
- You blog regularly and can easily identify with our users.
- Deep experience in content marketing, blogging, or managing a high-activity blog.
- Prior experience in a software or technology-based company.
- Previous internship experience in a related role.
- Basic knowledge of SEO and how to use a CMS (no biggie if you don’t know what either of these acronyms mean – we’ll teach you).
- Basic HTML skills are a plus, too.
- You have lots of technical experience with online and web-based software.
- You’re involved in extra circulars & enjoy doing good in your community.
- You relish reading blogs and listening to TED talks in your down time.