Remote or San Francisco, CA
April 27, 2022
NerdWallet is seeking an experienced SEO and people manager with a strategic mindset to join our team. In this role, you will be a core member of NerdWallet’s SEO Single Threaded Team and will report to the SEO STL (Strategic Leader). The Head of Technical SEO is a highly cross functional and visible role whose primary responsibility is architecting SEO Culture and enterprise technical best practices across all departments and geographies. In this position, you will manage two incredible SEO experts with room to grow the team overtime.
Where you can make an impact:
- Cultivate Nerdy SEO culture. At NerdWallet, SEO is instilled into the heart of many Nerds. You are expected to democratize SEO knowledge so that many teams at NerdWallet are empowered to hold themselves accountable to a high bar of SEO excellence.
- Leading the team responsible for ensuring technical excellence for NerdWallet’s SEO program. Responsible for technical hygiene and making actionable recommendations for improvement.
- Develop and maintain NerdWallet’s technical SEO standards on the international stage (NW currently operates in US, UK, and Canada).
- Responsible for NerdWallet’s SEO Tool stack. Managing vendor relationships and educating Nerds how to get the most out of them. Expected to be up to date with the latest technologies and capabilities so your team can continuously uplevel Nerds who use them.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to ensure that t what we build supports SEO program health. Leverage our data and SERP observations to derive SEO based hypotheses ripe for product support.
- Mentor your team to support our Organic Growth Managers and Content Nerds who cultivate vertical-specific on-page SEO strategy (e.g. Investing, Credit Cards, Home Loans).
- Lend your expertise to M&A as we vet the technical requirements for opportunities with an SEO lens.
- Devoted to cultivating talent: you find satisfaction in mentoring talent and are eager to have them gain independence and succeed in their careers.
- Consumer, Company, Team, Self attitude: you are motivated to work hard in a consumer-facing fast-paced environment, and enjoy balancing numerous priorities and demands. You enjoy being part of a team and both delegating to and partnering with others to achieve success.
- Data Hungry: you like turning crawl data points into actionable insights.
- Passion for democratizing financial information: this is the backbone of NerdWallet → providing high quality content and experiences that help consumers make informed money decisions.
- Structured thinker: When you think about problems, you are able to break it down into specific drivers and hypotheses. This is critically important for a role crafted to drive significant influence at NerdWallet.
- Interested in the Art and Science of Marketing: there is no clear blueprint for Organic and SEO. You are a quick learner who thrives in environments that require you to leverage both sides of your brain to problem solve.
We recognize not everyone will meet all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- 10+ years of experience in SEO
- 4+ years of people management experience
- 3+ years of experience working with Product and Engineering teams
- Proven experience working as part of a successful team
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere and have embraced a Remote-First philosophy and as such this role can be aligned to one of our offices, remote or even hybrid. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
Work Hard, Stay Balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision health care plans for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 13 holidays + 4 Mental Health Days Off
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Financial wellness, guidance, and unlimited access to a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) through Northstar
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA Plan with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga, and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend, Cell Phone Stipend, and Wifi Stipend
Have Some Fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours, and team events across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you’re remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self – we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
- Commuting stipend
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.