Torchbox is the leading digital marketing agency for nonprofits, charities and organisations who make a difference in the world. Our clients include NHS.UK, Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity, Samaritans, Chatham House, Oxfam GB, the Disasters Emergency Committee and many, many other amazing charities.
This is a great time to join Torchbox. We’re proud to be an employee owned digital agency, business is booming in the UK and US, Wagtail is flying high and we’re doing great work with many, incredible, mission-driven organisations.
Our SEO team, which sits within our digital marketing proposition, has grown significantly over the last 18 months. We’re a team of 5 consultants, analysts and executives who are motivated by delivering real, results-driven change for charities around the world. Our growth so far has meant it’s time for a Head of SEO to drive the next era of the work we do. We’re looking for someone who can provide vision, leadership and direction to an already well-established, well-respected team of SEOs. This is a new role, and the size of the team means the successful candidate will be someone who can design and apply a vision and strategy for future growth.
As part of this role, you’ll hold ultimate responsibility for the strategy and growth of our SEO offering. You’ll be part of the digital marketing senior management proposition, reporting on the health of our SEO offering within the wider context of the business.
Our Head of SEO will have the following skills:
- 3-5 years working in a senior SEO position at a similar organisation.
- The ability to work with, and motivate, a highly empowered team.
- Highly influential communication skills. You’ll be extremely comfortable communicating with senior stakeholders at organisations.
- Experience pitching for, and winning, new business.
- The ability to identify and create new processes that streamline the delivery of our work without compromising on the ultra high standards our clients expect from us.
- Demonstrable people management experience. You’ll have direct line management responsibilities, and you’ll need to motivate the team around you.
- Experience working as part of a company’s hiring process. You’ll be interviewing and making decisions on team hires.
- Performed a similar role in another digital agency.
- An understanding of (and experience working within) the nonprofit sector. SEO for charities is different to that of the commercial sector: you’ll be able to articulate how and why that is.
- Rock solid SEO skills—part of this role in the short term will involve delivering consultancy to our Tier 1 and 2 clients, so your “doing” skills will still be sharp.
- Experience training, coaching and mentoring others.
What we can offer:
- The opportunity to be a co-owner of Torchbox, shaping and sharing in our success. Be a partner, not just an employee. Our Voice Groups provide the chance to share your vision within Torchbox.
- The chance to work with our brilliant clients, making the world a better place
- Competitive salary with annual review with annual employee owners and performance bonus
- Training and conference budget to accelerate your development.
- Flexible working hours; the option to work fully remotely, split your time between office and home, or choose to be in one of our offices fulltime, enabling you to work in a flexible way that best suits your needs.
- Free eye tests, flu jabs & shopping discounts
- Private health scheme and access to mental health support
- Ethical pension scheme, with a 5% contribution from Torchbox
- Wellness programme and cycle to work scheme, alongside other Torchbox offerings, good for both you and the environment.
- Regular virtual and in-person events, weekly veggie team lunch (when we’re in the office) & parties including our famous Torchfest
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays
We particularly welcome neurodiverse individuals and applicants from ethnically diverse backgrounds that are under-represented groups in the creative and technology industries.
If you need any help completing the application form then please email [email protected] or if you would prefer to apply by phone then give us a call on +44 (0) 1608 811 870
No agencies please.
Closing date for applications: 5pm Friday 8th April.
Phone Number Hidden