What we are actually looking for: Let’s not beat around the bush- if you are the right Director of SEO for Disruptive Advertising you will be incredibly excited to launch and scale our SEO & Content offering from $0 to $5M over the next 24 months. Why would you be so excited though? Because Disruptive is already an industry leading performance marketing agency with the demand and team that you get to tap into and be a significant part of our next stage of growth.
But because you are the type of person that likes to have your cake and eat it too, you’ll be equally excited to be surrounded by peers that are as interested in growing as people as much as they are excited about growing professionally. You’ll love our personal development programs and be an active participant and contributor in helping us live our vision of realizing and living our potential together.
And because you probably want some more details, you can dive into those below even though you already know if you are the right person or not from these first two paragraphs 😉 …
The Role: The Director of SEO is a key member of the product leadership team who determines the strategic direction of our SEO offering and creates a team of skilled marketers who are exceptional at driving results in this specific client offering.
As Director of SEO, you are…
…a driven leader who likes change and innovation, leading the charge to create the best strategic direction for your specific platform. You take initiative and pair it with your competitive drive to execute results for your team and your clients. You are comfortable with taking appropriate risks, knowing that the market is ever changing, allowing you to use your creative talent to generate new ideas for quick response. As a leader, you are firm yet motivational, engaging your team in enthusiastic ways to become their best selves. You are outgoing, confident in a humble manner, and poised with a persuasive communication style, able to delegate responsibilities to proven people.
As Director of SEO, you will receive:
- Salary range $125-165K dependent on experience
- Stock options
- Flexible PTO Policy
- 75% paid Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- 401k with generous match
- Vacation bonus ($500/after 1st year, an addition $250 every year after)
- $2,000 p/year Personal Development budget
- Company Vacation Homes to Use after the first anniversary
- Annual incentive trips w/ a +1
- And more
As Director of SEO, you will
- Develop the strategic direction of our SEO offering to consistently drive results to our clients.
- Ensure results and deliverables make it easy for our clients to feel no-brainer value from this offering.
- Partner closely with the marketing, sales, and account management teams to provide all necessary sales enablement materials and technical support to close new business SEO business.
- Conduct 1:1’s and quarterly growth plans with your team, aligning their performance with the company goals and their personal goals
- Communicate to your team with real-time, up-to-date learnings on what’s working well in their given area of specialty.
- Provide your team with training & support related to other elements of the positions (communicating with account managers, communicating with clients, managing your team’s workload, etc.)
- Manage a strategic book of business yourself to keep your saw sharp, allowing you to drive innovation, both inside existing channels and into new channels.
- Works with P&C to properly staff your department, managing proper bandwidth at all times.
- Able to contribute to a holistic marketing strategy for our clients with other product leaders to ensure strategy, results, budgets, and brand messaging stay aligned.
What you need to be Director of SEO:
- Experience putting together a repeatable SEO and Content strategy that consistently drives results.
- Always looking for new and innovative ways to improve results for our clients.
- Driving for efficiency and profitability without sacrificing client results or the employee experience.
- A love for learning and staying up to date on SEO and Content best practices.
- Hands-on experience with SEO specific reporting and optimization tools such as Google Analytics, Moz, Ahrefs, semrush, etc.
- Understanding of and management of a P&L and revenue growth plan
- Some experience with both CRMs & eCommerce platforms
- Ability to coach employees using our core values in a way that’s supportive and improves their job satisfaction
We are Disruptive Advertising: (https://disruptiveadvertising.com/) Our vision is to create an environment where we can all better realize and live our potential; in order to do this, we are building the best performance marketing agency at delivering growth opportunities for our people and amazing business results for our clients.
We currently specialize in paid digital media, life cycle marketing through email/text/retargeting, and ensure our clients websites are converting through website optimization all supported by our amazing dev and creative teams. We are now ready to accelerate our growth and impact with an SEO and Content offering which the whole company is excited about.
We are a fast-growing team of professional digital marketers. Our clients look to us to expand their digital marketing footprint and create growth for their business by winning at life and business together.
We have been in business since 2013, our offices are in the beautiful city of Pleasant Grove, Utah where one side of our office overlooks the towering Wasatch Mountain Range, and the other has stunning views of Utah lake.
Disruptive has won many awards for growth and as a leader in our industry, but, we are the most proud of those that represent how our people feel about working here which include but aren’t limited to: Utah Business Magazine’s Best Companies to Work For, USA Today as one of SLC’s Best Companies to Work For” and in Glassdoor as “Best Places to Work” at #13. And don’t worry, we are now primarily remote and our non-Utah based employees are saying the same thing 😉
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity and we look forward to reviewing your application!
- Look inward first – Nothing gets solved by pointing the finger at others first
- Get curious – We often don’t have all the details so let’s get them before coming to a conclusion
- Choose to grow – The right thing isn’t always the easy thing but that doesn’t stop us
- Care for the individual – We proactively invest in building meaningful relationships at work
Disruptive Advertising is an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information or veteran status.