July 14, 2022
Directive Consulting is the performance marketing agency for SaaS companies. We use Customer Generation (a marketing methodology developed by us) which focuses on SQLs and Customers instead of traditional metrics like MQLs. We offer Paid Media, SEO, Performance Creative and Design, Video, Revenue Operations, and Strategy services to our clients by creating comprehensive digital marketing strategies that allow our clients to hit their SQL targets, every time.
We’ve experienced hyper-growth over the last year and have remained true to our culture of, the best idea wins. We’re future-focused and are looking for others with a growth mindset to join our evolving teams!
About The Role
For this role, we want you, the Director of our dreams, to be the CEO of your department and lead the SEO deliverables in client performance and retention, product innovation, and development, as well as marketing and thought leadership. You will be a critical part of our three-year vision to elevate Directive into the upper-echelon of performance marketing agencies.
This role reports to the Vice President of Client Strategy and is a crucial part of the leadership team. The Director of SEO works cross-departmentally to achieve the goals of the department and company. This includes working with marketing on messaging and thought leadership, actively participating in sales conversations, and regularly developing an innovative, creative, and performance-driven SEO deliverable.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Build and guide a people-first culture centered around performance, inclusion, and strategy
- Inspire an impressive team of Associate Directors to grow their teams and their accounts
- Lead a world-class team of 25+ SEO strategists in the execution of innovative campaigns for mid-level and enterprise SaaS companies
- Improve and approve strategies for SEO clients that result in the client’s exceeding their goals
- Partner with the VP of Client Strategy in driving efficiency and scale across primary operational KPIs
- Provide leadership support in pitching new business and growing clients
- Understand changes to the marketplace and industry, adjusting client SEO strategies accordingly
- Oversee department budget, including staffing and resource requirements like capacity planning
- Provide thought leadership in SEO for Directive including working with marketing on writing blog posts, guest-starring in podcasts, creating videos, etc.
- Help develop and improve our SEO product and deliverables to be the best in the market.
What You Offer
- 10+ years experience managing teams of 10+ SEO practitioners, preferably at a growing agency
- Experience with navigating, servicing, and growing enterprise-level SEO engagements
- A dynamic performance-marketing mindset for B2B, a clear POV on what is needed to drive performance success, and curiosity for what’s ahead in the SEO industry for B2B and SaaS organizations
- High emotional intelligence and ability to work across teams with different types of individuals
- Ability to understand the details of client goals and be able to translate into broader strategic campaigns for leadership and the greater team
- Ready to pivot based on priority shifts or industry changes and can anticipate change
- Clear communicator with strategic insights, high-level deck-building and presenting, and the ability to create buy-in across the organization
- A clear, insightful vision for the future direction of the marketplace, with a track record of thought leadership in the SEO field
- Solid strategic skills and impressive understanding of the business from both market and P&L perspectives
- Exceptional ability to motivate and retain a world-class team
- Willingness to travel domestically as needed (post-COVID) – you’re open to new places, new faces, and new ideas
🏡 No employee at Directive makes less than $70,000/year
🙏 Medical, dental, vision plans, disability, and life insurance coverage for you and your family that fit your lifestyle
Including a 100% employer-paid plan for you and a 50% employer contribution for your dependents
Benefits to Support the Whole Person:
🧠 Mental – Access to certified therapists through Spring Health, membership to Headspace
💪 Physical – Physical therapy through Omada, fertility support through Carrott, thousands of Aaptiv virtual workouts, complimentary One Medical membership for primary and virtual care
🛫 Time Off – Unlimited PTO (2-week minimum), Paid Company Holidays, Your Birthday Off, End of Year Recharge (Closed December 24 – January 1), Paid Parental Leave
💰 Financial – Traditional and Roth 401(k) with a 3% company match
🌟 Bonus – Annual bonus based on tenure, which scales in total amount over time
🌴 Annual Anniversary Trip to Newport Beach, CA with peers and executive leadership for fun and entertainment!
Work Environment Requirements
As a remote-first company, you’ll have the ability to work from anywhere in the US, with the option to enjoy our state-of-the-art offices in Irvine, California. For some positions, as posted, we will accommodate global opportunities where we have established businesses, including Canada, the UK, and Australia. For global locations, you must have established and current work authorization and permanently reside in that country.
This role has the opportunity to operate 100% virtually from your home office. We primarily collaborate with our colleagues through virtual meetings (Zoom), and Slack. In this role, you will be required to operate a laptop computer (PC or Mac available), computer software platforms, and other office productivity tools as necessary. Due to the nature of this role, you must be able to remain stationary for extended periods, must be able to observe and interpret written and/or verbal communication, must have reliable internet access, and a professional background.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
If you require reasonable accommodations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, direct your inquiries to [email protected]
At Directive, one of our core values is People First. We’re committed to fostering a more diverse and inclusive culture in the digital landscape. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.