Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees.
People who work for themselves fuel our economy. In the US, small businesses employ 60% of the workforce and create 80% of new jobs. Oftentimes the odds are stacked against them with 50% failing in the first 5 years. Intuit’s Small Business and Self-Employed Group (SBSEG) is devoted to creating solutions to meet the needs and improve the chances of success for these entrepreneurs with a portfolio of solutions from Mailchimp and QuickBooks.
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaigns, CRM, and analytics tools. To accelerate our success, we must build up our SEO strategy to increase awareness and traffic, as well as optimize our core SEO web journeys to better educate prospects on the value of Mailchimp and deliver on our acquisition goals. These are the core responsibilities for the Director of SEO.
This role is responsible for the global SEO strategy and implementation of Mailchimp.com. This role will lead the SEO team, and partner very closely with web, brand and campaign leads to build and launch SEO optimized campaigns and content that meet and exceed our organic traffic goals across the acquisition funnel. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to provide SEO guidance and oversight to all pages created. Key responsibilities include building and maintaining the global SEO short-term and long-term roadmap, leading agency and cross-functional teams to audit and implement technical SEO needs, and building scalable processes to ensure that all content and web pages are optimized from launch.
- Develop the short-term and long-term global SEO roadmap for all Mailchimp domains, working closely with both domestic and international partners. International experience preferred
- Oversee and coordinate direct team, agencies and cross-functional team on SEO insights, action steps and prioritization
- Partner with Web Marketing and cross-functional teams to develop and execute on the roadmap for website SEO needs/site enhancements, ultimately improving customer experience and driving increased site conversion
- Build a scalable vision, governance and process to qualify and optimize SEO content
- Partner closely with the brand, content marketing and campaign teams to build a holistic strategy and tactical plan to create and maintain a content library that drives qualified organic traffic
- Ensure a careful balance of on page and off page optimization, including content generation and link building
- Work with the analytics team to develop the appropriate measurement and reporting of all organic traffic and activations across all Mailchimp properties and page types
- Work across the marketing and web teams to prioritize and deliver optimize program effectiveness across organic traffic and holistic search
- Stay up to date with industry trends and build the latest strategies and technologies into roadmaps
- Recommend and partner with web marketing to implement A/B and multivariate tests to increase activations on website
- Plan and coordinate all activities associated with the SEO technical infrastructure with internal & external engineering teams as required
- Lead a team of experienced professionals – Attracting, recruiting, retaining, and developing team members
- You have managed SEO strategy for large, complex, and global websites in the technology space; preference for CMS experience
- You have extensive knowledge of current and emerging SEO best practices, with 8+ years experience in building and delivering impactful SEO roadmaps
- You have extensive experience managing a team of direct reports, and a larger cross-functional team in a matrixed environment
- You have demonstrated success building and implementing scalable governance frameworks and supporting processes
- You have experience as an SEO lead collaborating on complex site redesigns, rebuilds, and implementations with numerous stakeholders and functions
- You have familiarity with website systems, architectures, languages and platforms, including LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP), .NET,ASP, Java, JSP, etc. A background that includes website development is a plus
- You have extensive experience with link building and proper usage while representing the Mailchimp brand
- You have preference for a combination of experience in B2B (Lead Generation) and B2C (E-commerce) SEO, with experience in the technology space; SaaS and E-Commerce industries is a plus.
- You are highly knowledgeable in working with and influencing product development teams and product roadmaps, and functions like product management, engineering and UX design
- You are an experienced marketer who understands how to connect insights across customer journeys to create actionable insights and optimizations
- You are proficient in Web Analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- You have extensive experience managing external agencies & partners
- You have a BA/BS in Marketing, Communications or Business Management with a strong understanding of technical SEO or BA/BS in Engineering or related technical field
- You have excellent project management skills and ability to align efforts across multiple department
- You are self starter that is comfortable initiating and leading efforts, projects and programs
- You thrive when building something new – rather than running from ambiguity, you embrace it as an opportunity