Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be on the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be with.
We are looking to hire an analytics & insights Data Scientist to partner with the eBay core product team on SEO. As a critical member of the Product Insights team, this leader will have the outstanding opportunity to influence decision making of SEO roadmap with their insights and thought leadership.
With a vision to find opportunities to drive ground-breaking change in the customer experience and result in significant business growth, we mine the largest datasets in the world of e-Commerce and use best in class analytic and big data techniques to extract impactful insights. We achieve this by partnering closely with the product and engineering teams, and resolve opportunities that are accretive to the product roadmaps.
To be successful in this role:
- BS/BA degree in Statistics, Applied Econometrics, Math, Physics, Computer Science, or other related core sciences or equivalent
- 2 + years relevant professional experience or Master’s degree and 1+ year working experience
- You would have to strike a balance between critical thinking and actual hands-on analyses using tools & packages such as SQL, R, Python, Tableau etc.
- You possess super strong technical skills to turn big data in Teradata and Hadoop into practical insights. At the same time, you also have the ability to think about the big picture and connect the dots to evaluate how the insights impact eBay’s ecosystem.
- In addition to delivering insights on existing Product & Tech initiatives, you will come up with innovative product growth opportunities based on insights, and build momentum through influence.
- Proactive collaboration and effective communication are needed
Additionally, the following background and experience is helpful:
- Prior experience in SEO and understand how Google or other search engines work
- Consistent track record of turning insights into product growth opportunities in prior roles with increasing scope and responsibilities
- Ability to present complex analyses and insights effectively in simple terms
- Good experience with both descriptive and inferential statistics – ability to build basic prototype models
- Experience in a leading technology company
- Background in e-commerce product experience
- Strong quantitative background with Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Economics, Physics, Engineering, or related. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Experience with site experimentation (A/B testing) is a plus
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.