About this Role
On the Content Marketing team, you’ll do meaningful work in an inclusive, diverse environment built for growth. As G2’s SEO and Content Marketing Intern, you’ll be responsible for learning about SEO best practices for content marketing, uncovering keyword research knowledge, and writing long-form blog content for G2’s Learn Hub while ensuring the highest quality, accuracy, and efficiency. You’ll work closely with our Content Marketing and SEO teams to hone your skills in content creation, SEO, and data analytics to help you become a well-rounded content marketer for the B2B SaaS marketing space. You will learn how to adhere to a peer review process led by your Content Marketing and SEO teammates, which includes competitive analyses, copy editing, design, and on-page SEO – everything you’ll need to become a full-stack content marketer as you go forward in your career.
This internship is remote (US only), and will be held from June to August. Interns will work 40 hours per week. Our intern rate is $19/hr.
- Write high-quality, educational articles based on given keywords, then produce high-quality, high-ranking content averaging 2,000-4,000 words in length
- Learn how to track content KPIs (traffic, conversions, relationships, etc.)
- Take ownership of projects/tasks assigned to you, and work autonomously
- Assist with the content marketing peer review process, potentially including competitive analyses, copy editing, SEO, and design check
- Storytell with data and bring SaaS topics to life through creative writing
- Must be a senior (or final year) undergraduate college student with an interest in content marketing, especially for a business audience
- – – 0-1 years of relevant experience
- – – Passion for the content marketing/SEO industry
- – – Basic understanding of AP Style editorial standards
- – – Strong writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of G2’s Learn Hub
- – – Willingness to learn how to use SEO software to track content performance, such as Semrush, Ahrefs, and Clearscope
- – – Ability to manage and meet tight deadlines
- – – 1–2 writing samples (academic or personal) to demonstrate your writing experience
- Preferred applicants include:
- – – Those pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, and/or English
About G2 – Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
Due to Covid, G2 is currently operating fully remote until it is safe to return to the office.
About G2 – The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 5.5 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
G2 is going through exciting growth! We’ve recently secured our Series D funding of $157 million, which will further allow us to grow and develop our product and people.