At Sleep Country Canada/Dormez-vous? (SCC/DV), we are inspired every day through our purpose to transform lives by awakening Canadians to the power of sleep and our vision to champion sleep as the key to healthier and happier lives, helping everyone achieve better tomorrows through better tonights.
Guided by our values We CARE About People; We WIN Together; We DREAM Big and We DELIVER with Excellence we are building on our 28-year foundation of taking care of each other and our customers sleep needs, with passion and commitment to be the best that we can be. We invest in our sleep ecosystem, innovative products, world-class customer experience, our communities and diverse best-in-class team to be Canadas leading sleep partner.
As a Bilingual SEO Specialist, you are responsible for managing the organic digital marketing channels and growing it to support online and Omni-channel sales while driving business performance. In addition, you are responsible for everything from reporting and communication of results to implementing new proposed strategic direction and collaborating with team members and agency partners. In this role, your decisions, customer insights, actions, and recommendations will have an immediate impact on company profitability.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Developing our SEO roadmap and optimizations.
- Content research, development and execution.
- Reporting on key customer and web insights, along with SEO project management and administration.
- Collaboration with various internal teams including but not limited. to eCommerce, Marketing, Merchandising, Information Technology, Customer Service, Purchasing and Sales.
- Assisting with maintaining and managing external agency and vendor relationships.
This role will consist of a hybrid model of both remote and in-person collaboration.
- 3 – 5 years experience of International SEO and Local SEO strategies.
- A University degree or College Diploma in computer science, communications or a related field from an accredited institution.
- Strong understanding of technical SEO (sitemaps, crawl budget, canonicalization, Schema.org, etc.).
- Extensive web analytics tool experience like Google Analytics, Google Search Console, & Google Tag Manager.
- Experience working with back-end SEO elements such as .htaccess, robots.txt, metadata, and site speed performance.
- Experience in quantifying marketing impact and SEO performance.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with an extreme attention to detail to generate higher conversion rates on site
- Comprehensive understanding of SEO and best practices for branded writing.
- Effective communicator- exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills to report and understand how to track and measure results
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to influence/relationship build
- Detail oriented, highly organized and able to prioritize multiple concurrent projects
- Works efficiently and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet strict timelines and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Excellent project management skills
- Advanced excel skills
- Fully bilingual (English/French), written and spoken required
Why members of our Corporate team love working at Sleep Country Canada/Dormez-vous?:
- This is not a job but a CAREER with opportunities for growth and advancement
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
- We will invest in you and provide extensive training, mentoring and continuous development
- Access to our in-house learning platform with over 16,000 digital courses taught by industry experts in a variety of languages
- Full medical, dental benefits and a Deferred Profit Sharing Program
- Annual Wellness Credit for any products/services that improve your health and well-being, ie., health assessments, nutrition counselling, hiking shoes, a yoga outfit or fitness equipment!
- Associate Discount Program where you will be able to enjoy some of the worlds best sleep products
- Maternity/Parental leave top up benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement Program that covers professional AND personal development
- Long service awards, celebrations and other social events
- Associate Referral Program
- Paid day off to volunteer at your local charity of choice
- Recognized as one of Canadas Most Admired Corporate Cultures in 2022 by Waterstone Human Capital
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging (EDI&B)
At SCC/DV, we are committed to building a company culture of inclusion and diversity where differences are embraced and valued, this allows us to better understand and meet the needs of our customers and the communities we serve. We want to ensure every job applicant is treated fairly and with respect regarding race, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
About Sleep Country Canada/Dormez-vous?
Sleep Country is Canadas leading specialty sleep retailer with a purpose to transform lives by awakening Canadians to the power of sleep. Sleep Country Canada operates under the retailer banners; Sleep Country, Dormez-vous, Endy, Hush and most recently acquired, Silk & Snow. The Company has omnichannel and ecommerce operations including 289 corporate-owned stores and 20 distribution centers warehouses across Canada. Recognized as one of Canadas Most Admired Corporate Cultures in 2022 by Waterstone Human Capital, Sleep Country is committed to building a company culture of inclusion and diversity where differences are embraced and valued. The Company actively invests in its sleep ecosystem, innovative products, world-class customer experience, communities and its people. For more information about Sleep Country, please visit www.sleepcountry.ca.