Join a dynamic, growing team of Search Engine Optimization specialists responsible for driving strategic organic growth through technical, on and off page optimization of Nordstrom.com and Nordstromrack.com. Nordstrom’s ability to compete to be the best fashion retailer in a digital world is dependent on our ability to build expertise, authority, and trust on our owned domains.
The Associate Technical SEO Manager will be responsible for executing against our strategy to improve rankings, site performance, and traffic & sales. This individual will support our collective technical SEO efforts and will partner with internal Development, Merchandising, and Marketing teams as well as third-party agency reps to execute and analyze strategies across platforms. This role requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
A day in the life…..
Analyze and execute against an ever-evolving technical SEO roadmap that addresses complex technical SEO problems.
- Audit and analyze key aspects of technical SEO performance on Nordstrom.com, Nordstromrack.com and Nordstrom.ca.
- Identify issues, root-causes, and deliver requirements for solutions to improve performance at scale.
- Support major internal technical initiatives, including site and directory migrations as well as new product / category launches.
- Reduce index bloat and preserve crawl budget by addressing duplication and orphaned content across our sites.
- Working closely with site, product, technology and business intelligence teams to make sure the infrastructure, architecture, and site features support and enhance the effectiveness of our SEO efforts.
- Contributing to company-wide knowledge sharing and engaging with stakeholders to determine optimal SEO improvements globally.
You own this if you have….
- Proficient user of Google Analytics, GSC, Screaming Frog, DeepCrawl, and Semrush or related keyword tracking tools.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with XF stakeholders through sharing SEO best practices and supporting with quantifiable data.
- A self-starter who proactively and effectively communicates SEO needs, concerns, and performance insights.
- Willingness to develop the skillset necessary to identify and troubleshoot page rendering and site speed issues and provide technical requirements to implement necessary recommendations.
- Solid analytical capabilities, including both eCommerce and Organic Search KPIs – ability to pull, interpret and analyze data independently.
- Up to speed on industry news, most critical to this time frame, including MFI and CWV Google Updates .
Bonus points for….
- Experience optimizing faceted and filter navigation on large ecommerce websites.
- Local SEO familiarity and optimization experience.
- In house SEO experience – depth of knowledge on owned websites.
- Experience working in a large, matrixed organization.
- Experience pulling data points from Tableau and/or Data Studio.
- Familiar with MMM and MTA reporting methodologies.
Nordstrom is able to offer remote employment of this position in all US states except AR, MS, MT, NE, NH, ND, SD, VT, WV, and WY.
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points…
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2022 Nordstrom, Inc
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
Pay Range Details
The pay range(s) below are provided in compliance with state-specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.
Colorado: $80,000 – $132,000, Nevada: $80,000 – $132,000, New York: $80,000 – $155,000