Collegis Education is a marketing and technology education solutions company that offers industry-leading services for colleges and universities of every size in every sector. Using a proactive and data-driven approach, Collegis Education empowers institutions to make a broader impact by providing insights that help grow enrollments, improve student outcomes and optimize expenses. With several decades of experience working within the higher education industry, the team at Collegis Education was founded within the walls of a college and expanded to help change more lives through education. Currently, the infrastructures established by Collegis Education support more than 40,000 students nationwide. For more information about Collegis Education, please visit www.CollegisEducation.com.
The Associate Director, SEO will drive the strategy of organic search initiatives based on data analysis and manage the SEO team responsible for day-to-day tactics. This role is responsible for the SEO strategy formulation and will support the marketing team with strategic recommendations, data analysis, and insights on performance. A key focus of the role will be to analyze and interpret data with the goal of translating insights into strategies. At a macro-level, the goals of the Associate Director will be to increase traffic to client websites and drive prospective student inquiries through search engine and user-experience optimization. Additionally, this role will be focused on finding new ways to scale content marketing insights, research and reporting. This role sets quarterly and annual SEO performance targets and is accountable for the performance of the content optimized through the initiatives of the SEO team.
If you find yourself obsessed with data and analysis, focused on long-term and short-term strategies to drive organic growth and are able to present data and findings clearly, this position will be a great fit for you.
Primary Responsibilities, Essential Functions and Requirements:
- Provides strategic leadership for the SEO team. Accountable for the development and delivery of strategic plans that drives site traffic through organic search listings and increases the conversion rate through user experience
- Analyze website strategies and translate qualitative or anecdotal data into recommendations and tactics for revising the strategies. Create customized reports and dashboards focused on search content and metrics. Streamline and/or automate aspects of interactive marketing insights, reporting, and analyses
- Manage SEO team members (2-3 direct reports) and delegate tasks to SEO team members and contractors as required. Responsible for the mentorship of the SEO team members by guiding them in the executions of their functions, ensuring improvement of their professional skills and career path development
- Assist the SEO team in the creation and distribution of content marketing metrics, reporting, and analyses
- Provides strategic advice and recommendations to leadership in the development, implementation, and evaluation of new or modified operating policies, practices, and procedures within the SEO discipline
- Partner with marketing and other colleagues to identify opportunities and strategies for creating, optimizing and socializing organic web content
- Present data, strategies and tactics clearly with an ability to get buy in from stakeholders and partners
- Research and resolve HTML code and content, link architecture and navigation issues
- Work with inbound marketing team and existing business partners to manage SEO campaigns and align on priorities
- Adhere to the appropriate information security policies based on the sensitivity of company data and report any security related issues
- 5-8 years of experience in SEO with a focus on data/analytics
- Excellent understanding of search engine optimization strategies and tactics including technical SEO, on-site and off-site SEO
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics and Google Suite
- Knowledge of common SEO tools such as SEMRush, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, AWR
- Analytical skills with the ability to solve problems and develop creative solutions
- Strong organizational, problem solving and presentation skills
- Mastery of Excel, including advanced data manipulation functions
- Experience managing multiple high priority projects simultaneously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Ability to adapt, thrive, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- A commitment to maintaining the highest degree of business and personal ethics
Education, Certifications and Licensures:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Marketing, Business or Data Analytics
Collegis Education is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.