As the Associate Director SEO at 85SIXTY, you will have a hand in contributing to the growth of our SEO practice in collaboration with leadership. You will support the vision for the SEO practice, while guiding the team to execute against it. You will be comfortable navigating the needs of our customers across Technical, Content and Offsite opportunities, while rolling up your sleeves when needed to provide an audit within the new business process.
This role will be responsible for diving deep into the work when needed to analyze customer programs, test different SEO theories and create SEO strategies that are growth-driven, proactive and measurable. You will become an SEO evangelist across customers and for our internal cross-functional teams.
- Agency experience preferred
- A clear, insightful vision for the SEO channel, its role in performance marketing and its continued evolution in the marketplace
- Proven experience explaining complex concepts in simple terms with data to back it up
- Experience in navigating, servicing and growing enterprise-level SEO programs
- Experience with ecommerce and specific SEO strategies to drive new visitors
- Must have technical SEO experience – we work on ecommerce redesign, replatforms, URL restructuring, etc.
- Must have link building and content marketing exposure
- Must have done keyword research and have methodology for assignment of those
- Experience with enterprise SEO toolset
- Experience using and extracting data from Google Analytics
- Exceptional leadership and people management skills
- Unrivaled Creativity – you experiment, embrace change and innovate when the opportunity arises
- Clear communicator with the ability to create buy-in across the team and clients
- Ability to recruit, coach, retain and attract SEO talent
- Support the growth of a unified team of SEO professionals
- Client-facing role where you will drive strategy and lead clients to their goals using a data-driven approach complimented with creativity and ingenuity
- Provide channel leadership during sales pitches as needed
- Track trends in the marketplace and be able to translate those into insights to adjust clients’ SEO strategies
- Working with cross-functional team members like Strategy, UX, Design, Analytics, Media and Technology
- Plan, manage and grow SEO programs across a variety of customers
- Identify program KPIs and provide insightful reports on the ongoing activities of each customer’s program
- Communicate with C-suite level stakeholders, Seniors/Directors and be able to pivot during conversations
- Develop link building strategies and work with outsourced vendors
- Create ORM (online reputation mgmt) strategies
- Support the evolution of the agency’s technical SEO approach across core platforms like Adobe Commerce (Magento) and Shopify Plus
- Provide critical and strategic thinking during cross-functional meetings for clients
- Contribute to agency knowledge base as it pertains to SEO and complementary channels
- Managing multiple projects, client priorities and tasks
- Participate in speaking opportunities or local education events by representing the agency as a thought leader in the SEO space
- Working within SEO tools like Moz, ScreamingFrog, SEMRush, etc.