This position can be based in Knoxville, Atlanta or remotely.
- Architect comprehensive SEO strategies and tactics for national and international brands, including multi-location clients.
- Exceptional analytical capabilities paired with effective client communication skills
- Deep experience in hyperlocal SEO, including location business listing management across dozens of online directories with enterprise level software (Yext, Reputation.com, BrightLocal, etc.)
- Use enterprise software to monitor, analyze and enhance ratings and reviews for thousands of business locations
- Conduct business listing SEO audits to execute optimizations, improve location consistency, remove location duplicates and identify other off-page SEO opportunities
- Setup, management and reporting capabilities with enterprise SEO software tools (BrightEdge, Conductor, SEMrushetc.)
- Monitor, analyze and provide insights on website SEO performance on a monthly and weekly basis with direct client interaction and client presentations
- Technical SEO expertise: hreflang, canonical URLs, XML sitemaps, robots.txt, 301 redirects, schema markup, internal/external linking strategies, international CMS website architectures, country/language URLs, title tag optimization, and more
- Work with the Director of SEO to develop new SEO client initiatives and team training
- Work with the Director of SEO to manage tasks, workloads and projects across a large SEO team
- Exhibit confident communication skills to effectively present tactical plans and SEO performance to clients
- Proactively identify new keyword opportunities, then recommend detailed action to capitalize on them – pushing ideation, execution, and all the way to completion
- Maintain a constant pulse on the organic search engine health across clients at an aggregate level, as well as hyperlocal-level
- Manage link building strategies and techniques by pushing the creative boundaries of relationship building, content outreach and thought leadership across multiple verticals
- Consult and work directly with our internal and external website development partners and firms to implement technical SEO recommendations
- Champion department processes, stay current on SEO industry trends and best practices
- Review and document the impact of significant site changes, algorithm updates, events and other key drivers of organic traffic and organic-driven client KPIs
- Perform SEO competitive SWOT analysis to identify areas of opportunities and threats from competitor activity to algorithm updates
- Work closely with other Tombras departments to develop fully integrated search campaigns
- You should have intimate experience with site crawling tools, enterprise-level SEO software, listings management platforms, and international website architecture best practices
- In addition to strategy, you will be responsible for owning weekly status meetings, project reporting, and ensuring performance is meeting client objectives
- 6+ years experience in online marketing, including a minimum of 4+ years leading SEO initiatives for enterprise-level brands
- Proven track record of successful client relationship development
- Proven success at improving organic rankings for international websites
- Skilled in:
- — SEO platforms (examples: BrightEdge, Conductor, Searchmetrics, Majestic SEO, etc.)
- — SEO point-solution tools (examples: Moz, SEMrush, Ahrefs)
- — Site crawlers (examples: Screaming Frog SEO Spider, Deepcrawl)
- — Competitive analysis and keyword research tools
- — Experience with Listings Management platforms (examples: Yext, Moz Local, Reputation.com, etc.)
- — Intimate experience of Google Search Console, Google Analytics, and Bing Webmaster Tools
- — CMS such as Adobe Experience Manager, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc.
- — Language translation and localization platforms and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising/Marketing, Business, PR/Communications, Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous parental leave for primary and non-primary caregivers.
- Medical (PPO or High Deductible option) for employee + dependents
- Employer-paid Dental & Vision
- Employee Assistance Program for employees + dependents
- Includes 3 free counseling sessions per life event
- HSA Employer Contributions
- Dependent Care FSA Option
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance
- 401(k) Participation + discretionary employer contribution
- Highly collaborative and high-energy work environment
- Model of ongoing feedback for continuous career growth and development
- A company culture of promotions from within and an atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
Tombras, a 450+ person, full-service, national advertising agency, is seeking an Associate Director of SEO to join the 2020 US Search Award-winning Integrated Search department. You will be leading a team of SEO analysts and strategists responsible for content SEO, technical SEO, and hyperlocal SEO for national brands.
Why Join Tombras’ Integrated Search team?
You’ll be joining an Ad Age A-List Agency. Blurring the lines between a creative agency, a digital agency and a management consultancy, we are one of the largest and fastest growing independent agencies in North America. Our digital offering is married to the discipline and rigor of our Effie-winning strategists and Cannes Lion-winning creative directors. We are united by our philosophy: Connecting Data & Creativity for Business Results®.
Besides working with national and global brands in a fun work environment, we’re a family-oriented team. If you’re the type who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing digital environment with creative problem-solving abilities then this position is for you.
We’re a nationally recognized team of elite search engine marketers. In 2020 our team won Most Innovative SEO Campaign at the US Search Awards. We’re proud to have received the following awards:
- Best PPC Campaign
- Most Innovative SEO Campaign
- Best Local Campaign (PPC)
- Best Use of Search – B2C (SEO)
- Best Use of Search – Retail / Ecommerce (PPC)
- Best Use of Search – Retail / Ecommerce (SEO)
- Best Use of Search – B2B (PPC)